Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Elected as NUS Delegate

I am now officially an NUS Delegate of Cardiff University for the NUS Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) in Leicester, Tuesday 4th December 2007.

The main issue for the EGM is on the NUS governance review. I won't talk much about this for now, will keep it later, God-willing.

It was my first time competing head-to-head with the other 8 candidates for only 5 vacancies. I have no experience in delivering political speech in public before, and I have no idea what I was actually doing just now!

But I was prepared, and I was well informed of the issue. I attended the 'Fight for Palestine Student Conference' on the 3rd and 4th of November, and joined the FOSIS National Conference the week after. I believe that the contents of these 2 events were sufficient for me.

...and they were!

I would like to thank those who came, those who voted me, and those whom had sent their prayers for me. (To be able to get the most vote in a Student Council is an honour, and I thank God and everyone for this).

I might not be able to do wonders in the EGM, but the least I could do is to represent your views. Feel free to contact me to discuss on the democracy of the NUS. I'll fight for the best interest of the Union, and I believe that it is of the best interest of the NUS to stay democratic. I'll be there to defend this stand.