Monday, February 12, 2007

Thank you

Papa speaks a different language to our family. Our conversation was always (something like)...
"have you been to Switzerland?"
"how's the weather today?"
"Uncle this & that baru dapat Dato'"
"UMNO should bla bla bla, PAS should bla bla bla"

Mama, on the other hand, prefered to ask these sort of questions...
"baju sejuk cukup tak?"
"ada girlfriend ke? jangan nak gatal-gatal...grad dulu baru pikir"
"kenapa suara macam ketar-ketar? demam ke?"
"duit cukup?"

I called Papa yesterday, and asked his opinion on me as his son. As expected, he said that i am
-highly motivated
-tunggak family
-harapan keluarga
(all possible reason that you could easily find in textbooks)

I was a bit sad, coz I thought he's not being kind to me. Orang ganas ganas camni pun tiba2 bergenang air mata.

I had a conversation with Scott (a new friend) last weekend, and he said that that's how Papa says "I love you".

I love you Papa, and I appreciate all the things you gave me. You are what you are, and I do not need any reason to justify that I love you.

That's love, my friend. Love someone/thing/body as it is. For no reason.

6 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

papa jahat.. lagu terkini cat farish

Anonymous said...

Papa-razi, Papa-roti, Papa-ya, Para-papapa...McD I'm lovin it.

Soal politik memang biasa. That's part of our Fundamental Liberties. Back to the good old days. Btw, i just got myself the latest Tun Dr. Ismail's book on The Reluctant Politician...best woo! Cite pasal masa dia buat medic, perjalanan dalam politik etc. I'm gonna get Tok Neno sign for it later on.

azad said...

huhu....just let me sign it for you while my signature is not worth millions of pounds yet

Anonymous said...

Ceh, jumpa Dr.M pun blh kasi sign free! Hahaha kot la ur Mr. "You're Fired" punya sign...sbb his signature worth Billions!

Money Money Money Mooooneeyy...... (Theme Apprentice)

azad said...

engage yourself into an intellectual discourse, debate etc. create a possibility of being anything that you want. seek advice.

signature is just the remainings of dried ink on a piece of paper. that's all.

you're worth more than that

Anonymous said...

Remaining dry ink? ....Priceless...!!!

That remaining dry ink is part of an identity. Well at least what is left of it. Haha