Sunday, September 02, 2007

What a night!

*I'm not sure if this picture has anything to do with this post

Everyone in my family, except for Abang, went to Genting Highlands for our Merdeka family outing. From Wednesday til Friday. All I could say is.....

Genting Highlands is an absolute evidence for anyone to witness how Islam Hadhari is practised!

Say whatever you want. Just go and see for yourself! That was my first time experiencing a 'Merdeka Night' outside of my house, and my God, thank you so much, oh dear whoever-you-are, for 'SUCCESSFULLY' educating our young generations!

We then came back to to KL and attended a family function (Majlis Khatam Quran) in Bukit Tunku. I was then rushed to Subang Jaya for another family function (Doa Selamat) in my grandmother's house later that evening. At 10.30pm, I dashed to Subang's KTM station and made my way to Wangsa Maju LRT station, via KL Sentral.

Sunday morning. Sidi Affendi (some of you might wink why I address him so!) picked me & Amar, ex-Bristol now in BNM, up at about 10am. Off to Kuala Kangsar, Perak for Sidi Affendi's wedding reception. Congratulations !! God bless you and Kak Farah. Also, God bless to Pojie & Izyan as well as Mozo & Kak Awe on your weddings. Awfully sorry for not being able to make it to your respective receptions.

Helmi of IC offered a ride back to KL. Made new friends with 2 Firdauses (1 from UTP, another one from IC & now working as a geologist in Petronas!). It was great to have the chance discussing on certain issues with them.

Amar warmly offered me to overnight at his place. Heh, he's also a good friend to talk with (knowing me, you'll know the stuff that i like to talk about). I also managed to finish 2 chapters of Zainab Al-Ghazali's 'The Return of the Pharoah' autobiography on her experience being tortured by the Egyp's Wafdi's government led by Nasir while she was leading the Ladies Muslim Group. A good shower the morning later refreshened me to make my way back home.

6.00pm.

"oi Zad, bangun bangun"
"apa kacau ni Man, abang nak tido jap"
"weih, ni Zaki la"
"haa?!"

*Zaki - a dear friend, ex-Bristol now in Shell, close to my family by I-don't-know-why and might-be-bcoz-of-his-charm. Heh...

Haha...Not informed of his arrival, i was so surprised to have him waking me up just now. He just came back from Kuala Kangsar (we went to the same event on different cars) and asked me to join him to watch the Grand Finale of the Malaysia International Fireworks Competetion. Mama & papa gave the permission for me to fdo so.

I don't want to comment on the event, but I couldn't stand watching how selfish the spectators were. Blocking roads, trippled@quadrupled-parking, long queues...

Where were the police / road law enforcers? Makan gaji buta ke?
What added-value does this event give to Malaysian citizens? (quoting Zaki)


All I enjoyed that night was our long, intensed & thoughtful discussion.

4 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

OZ menang competition tuh

hahaha...


add-on size-up... sociology... sociology... haih2

Azila said...

Salam,

Memang tak reti duduk diam ye.. jangan lupe plan $$ ari tuh.

Anonymous said...

Check the local newspaper. Sape yg nak tgk jarak dekat kena byr RM44. No pass for parking included. Mamat tu & family dia piss-off gila! Dah la parking macam kek lapis. Bayar tiket nak tgk pun takde special parking.

Dia kata 'I should have join other smarter Malaysians' which means that there's no worth in paying RM44 when u can get the same satisfaction for free.

Mmg salah penganjur pun. Masa kat dalam TV tak britau yg kena bayar. Berapa kos dia & apa yg kita dapat. Sume taktik penganjur tah hapa2. Diaorg mmg suka buat duit tapi tak tau nak manage!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol in florida tramadol hcl ld50 - really cheap tramadol