Sunday, January 21, 2007

Do we listen to our heart?

It's 2nd Muharram, 1428H.

I was invited to a party for the Hujjaj (those who just came back from performing pilgrimage) in Darul Isra'. There were loads of people, but there were only 4 Malaysians, namely Uncle Rubiat, his 2 sons & myself. I wonder why the other Malaysians segregate themselves from getting involve in the local mosque's activity. Oh well.... My sheikh, Sheikh Sameh, chanted 3 beautiful arabic nasheed. 3 brothers went up and shared their memorable experience. They said, that when they went to Raudhah (a site next to Prophet Muhammad's grave), they could feel as if they are praying next to Rasulullah. Listening to these stories were so meaningful, and I wish, God-willing, to perform Hajj soon. Some of my friends, local Muslims, went for Hajj as well. They are Haji Matthew (a nice 3-years-ago-embraced-Islam guy), akhi Abdul-Atheem (now the Gen Sec of FOSIS Wales), and the lovable, well known Abu Baraa' (Darul Isra's Imaam).

It's been more than a week since I last came to Aufa/Wansah/Din/Anep/Faruq's house. They've been busy with exams, and I'm with my courseworks. Truly, disengaging with our beloved friends really make us more aware the meaning of friendship. We didnt have to talk much on any issues, seing each other's faces smiling is just enough. May God reward us with the love that He bestowed upon Muhammad & Abu Bakar, Muhaajirin & Ansar, and the other great figures.

Went to Arabic class this morning, and as I went back to Aufa's house, we prepared 'Kari Daging Cincang + Roti Canai' for breakfast! Bachelor-version 3.1 !!

3 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

td aku p mkn beryani n laksa... bachelorette-version 2.1v

azad said...

ko makan je ke ko masak?

ihsan_huhu said...

kate kat rumah bachelorette.. xkan aku masak pulak... hoho