Wednesday, January 17, 2007

There are always people who care

Yesterday's lecture was cancelled, so there's nothing much that i could write (a silly excuse).

The night before yesterday, which was on Monday night, i sent a text to almost all Malaysian-Muslim friends whose names are in my mobile phone's (W950i, just grabbed it 3 weeks ago) phone book. The text went something like this:

"Selamat berexam @ imtihan! Allah ma'ak (Allah bersamamu). all d best! -azad-"

The time was 1052pm when i sent it. I didnt stay awake for long, my eyes went heavy as i laid down, and i dozed off instantly. It was about 500am when i woke up, and i noticed that i received more than 20 text messages! I went through each of them. Tears didnt came down from my eyes, but my heart was deeply touched. Honestly, friends, i did not expect any reply from anyone, yet, some of those whom i sent the text messages replied with beautiful, meaningful, thoughtul messages. It was there and then when i started pondering, while dressing myself to go to work (I work as a cleaner in the Probation Centre, by the Millennium Stadium, from 5.30am-7.30am), that there are always people outside there somewhere that really care about me. They might not be my family members, they might not be my lover, or fiance (do i have one??! huhu....), or whatever-you-name-it, but these people really care, and I could feel it, and i appreciate it. Also, I have not contacted most of them for months (some of them, nearly a year!), but they did make an effort to reply my message. Now that's thoughtful.

I was in the computer room when my mobile phone vibrated. The call came from a friend, older-by-age, a friend whom i 1st met about 2 years ago in one of the camps i attended in Malaysia. We seldom meet, though both of us are studying in the UK. He's a busy man, and so am I (teeheee.... self-proclaiming!). He was having a lunch break in a hospital (he's a medical student) and we talked about a lot of things. It wasn't long, about 35 minutes later, he asked to be excused as he needed to go for ward rounds. At about 5pm, I called him, and we continued our conversation. It's really nice to chat with a friend whom you admire (because of his charisma, goodwill, attitude etc) a lot, and honestly, I wouldnt be ashamed to say that he's one of my best companions. We seek advice towards each other. Obviously, we did criticise as well. Well, sometimes big-headed guys couldn't easily be contented with certain things! I had to stop the conversation because Maghrib prayer time nearly ended. All in all, phew, more than an hour of talking!!!

Most of my friends have exams, while im not. Most of them communicate with each other using YM or MSN, but i've stopped doing so because my laptop has crashed for more than 2 months!

At least i know that i still have a number of friends who appreciate me. May God's blessings be with all of you!

7 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

about 20 sms= 5 laki n 20 pompuan melayu, n beberapa pompuan antarabangsa yg tidak dipastikan jumlahnya...
cayalah azad..
theres a lot of girls carfe for u...
hahaha

Ang Choon Seong said...

kalau 5 laki 20 pompuan....25 text la kawan...

azad...aku tak dapat msg itu...


frend kah ini macam?

azad said...

hehe....kalau semua perempuan pun, sama gak! tapi san, jaga hati beb....haaaa, tu yg penting.

Aiseh my fren, DA MAN OF EDINBURGH, DUKE OF EDINBURGH, DANKIN DONAT OF EDINBURGH....huhu, aiseh, terlupa sangat2 wooo mau wish u. Ok ok, selamat maju jaya for exam ya Ang!

Ang,
Compose some motions, great ones, and speak up waktu meeting UKEC nanti !! u pemidato terbaik penang, kamon!!

ihsan_huhu said...

dats y aku kata about 20, bukan 20...
jumlah specific dirahsiakan azad.. so roughly la aku agak... haiyya da mann

azad said...

haiyya binaa ilal masjid!

haiyya biinaa
haiyya biinaa

yallah yallah
yallah yallah

hadari hadari bersatu
hadari hadari kita maju

Anonymous said...

bangga kerana tak dapat message.. tak pasal2 aku kena reply nanti..

i am straight

azad said...

bend it like beckham